Recruiters spend less than 10 seconds reviewing a CV
ResumeDoctor recently undertook a study by interviewing several hundred recruiters and headhunters to find out what they are saying about CVs. So what are the recruiter’s likes and dislikes in a CV and what is going to get a CV read by them?... Read Full Article
Interview appearance & attire
Changes in fashion may change some things, like the width of lapels, the cut of trousers, or the colours of blouses, shirts and ties available in the stores. Basic professional attire does not change with the whims of fashion. A good suit should last five to ten years, depending on its quality, how hard you wear it, how well you care for it, and if it continues to fit you well. You can express fashion's whims in your off-the-job clothes, and to some extent in your accessories.
... Read Full Article
|How To Upgrade Yourself To The PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition
Deciding to get a Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is a big step in a Project Manager's career, and it can be a time-consuming and difficult journey.
Simplify this and read Cornelius' new, free eBook "The 10 Secrets to Becoming a PMP". Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM is the brilliant mind behind the PM PrepCast.
These 10 Secrets are the result from teaching almost 25,000 students in preparation for their PMP Exam with The Project Management PrepCast. They are action items, which, if followed, will make exam preparation easier and less expensive.
It is, however, important to realize that the 10 Secrets will not make studying any easier or simplify passing the PMP exam. PMP aspirants are still going to have to study hard and stay focused. But the 10 Secrets are the step-by-step approach to preparing for and passing the PMP Exam.
The free ebook can be downloaded from this link: http://www.pm-prepcast.com/secrets
• Tough Job Market For Graduates
• Consultant Availability
• Feedback from visitors
Welcome to the June 2013 newsletter from PSS-Europe.
Why should you give PSS-Europe recruitment a try? Because it is an efficient, interactive process that will save time and effort (and therefore money).
From the job specification we will submit one candidate, if it is not quite the right candidate we then review that candidate with the customer and based on the feedback refine our search. We normally find the right person within the next three candidates. This process relies on sufficient detail in the job specification and time from the customer to review the first candidate if required.
The major advantage of this process is that for each position generally only four or less CV's need to be reviewed. The more we learn about the customer the few CV's per position are required.
Our aim is to provide hassle free, efficient recruitment. Give it a try and find out
that not all recruitment companies are the same.
If you have any new positions that you are looking fill please contact Luke MB: 07769 572799 LL: 0844 8260496
|Tough Job Market For Graduates
University leavers are facing the toughest jobs market since the depths of the financial crisis due to "crumbling" business confidence, according to a new report.UK employers are expected to increase graduate recruitment by just 2.7pc this year, the weakest outlook since the recession in 2009, according to a study by High Fliers Research.
Final recruitment levels for 2013 are likely to turn out worse than forecast, however, as employers have over-estimated job creation for each of the past three years. For 2012, companies had anticipated a 6.4pc rise in graduate recruitment, but instead cut new hires by 0.8pc. Read more..
PSS-Europe can service all aspects of Project Management Office (PMO). From the day-to-day administrative support to the initiation and strategy required to setup a new PMO.
Key areas for PSS-Europe include:
PSS-Europe is currently searching for Project Managers and Business Analysts with experience of working within one of the large telecommunications providers with a view for future opportunities. If you would be interested in working with PSS-Europe in the future send please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Hanlon - Programme & Project Manager
- Programme and project leader with proven ability to shape, design and deliver projects and programmes within a timely fashion.
- Viewed as an influential manager who relishes difficult assignments and builds strong relationships with Managers, Sponsors and Directors.
- Wide spread exposure to many aspects of business including delivery of IT applications and business change across Customer Services, Call Centres, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Marketing, Supplier Management, Finance and HR.
- MBA qualification, MSP accredited and Prince II based project training.
John Shardlow - Project Manager
- Over 18 years experience performing a mixture of project management, consultant and business analyst roles working in a variety of countries and industry sectors.
- Responsible for the full project life cycle of million pound plus pan European projects, from Vision & Strategy to successful implementation.
- Experienced in internal and client facing projects, managing teams of between 3 and 50 people in respect of recruiting, man management and resource allocation, including the management of third party resources.
- Qualified Association for Project Management (APMP) Membership # R23803.
- Qualified ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Membership # 990322511.
- Experienced in PRINCE 2, Barclaychange2 project methodologies. Agile/RAD methodologies.
- Looking for project management or business analyst roles where the solution has my stamp on it.
This is the thirty forth issue; let us know what you think of how we are doing
and what information would be useful to you... E-mail: