Location:- Winchester Salary:- to £35,000 + benefits
The role is for a rapidly growing, privately-held information technology service, support and consultancy firm headquartered in the United Kingdom.
As a premier-level IT resource provider, our client delivers IT outsourcing, strategic technical and business consultancy, and a comprehensive range of enterprise-class managed and cloud-based IT services.
With a national and international client perspective, deliverables include managed hosting services, IT security systems, help desk resourcing, technology consulting, network integration, and outsourced operational management and support. The company's client profile encompasses a broad range of industries and businesses of all sizes in the UK and overseas.
This is a critical role within the organisation. You will be one of the technical leads with responsibility for the management, development and support of the client's internal platforms and those of its clients. You will also be consulting, managing projects and delivering projects to customers, both existing and new.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by people at the top or striving to be at the top of their game. If you genuinely enjoy IT, are successful, talented and feel that you are capable of more, then this is the role for you. The company is growing, it's the perfect time to come in and make your mark.
- Project Management and Delivery
- Systems Management, Infrastructure Support and Development on our own Cloud Platforms
- Systems Management and Development of Client systems
- Technical Consulting
- Assisting with Internal and External Strategic Development
- Policy development
- Last-stop Support for Service Teams and Infrastructure
- On out-of-hours rota for escalation – assisting service team ( 0 calls in the last 3 months)
- Will have worked in engineering/consultancy for a minimum of 3 years, preferably with an IT Support background before that, or :-
- Will have worked within an IT outsourcing/consulting organisation or within an organisation with at least 300 nodes.
- Experience in planning, managing and delivering projects for internal departments or external clients. Ideally to some sort of methodology, i.e. PRINCE2.
- Able to write both business and technical focused proposals for clients.
- Experienced in dealing with business leaders and IT professionals confidently and professionally.
- A proven ability to work with minimal supervision and management.
- Virtualisation – VMware – multiple hosts on shared storage (design, build, administration and troubleshooting)
- Storage – SAN, NAS, Fibre, ISCSI (design, build, administration and troubleshooting)
- Exchange 2003/2007/2010 (design, build, administration and troubleshooting)
- Windows 2003/2008 – DNS, AD, GP, etc (design, build, administration and troubleshooting)
- Project Management – system installations : system migrations : office relocations
- Terminal Server (design, build, administration and troubleshooting)
- Symantec Backup solutions
- Networking – TCP/IP Routing and Switching (config and support)
- SQL server setup, administration and troubleshooting
- ITIL knowledge
- Linux build and administration
- A Levels or Equivalent
Please ensure that your CV reflects all the relevant experience prior to applying for this opportunity.
Send your CV to Thomas Lewington Mob: 07789 994994
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.